Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ridin no where in particular Day 2...

Not a bad day. Got in 308 miles today.   Left Waynesboro and headed this way and that way and wound up on 29.  Was some nice roads that got me there.  After a bit, I wound up here...



Had been a few years since I had been to Appomattox Courthouse. No, not pix of the courthouse, but the house and room that really mattered.  Snapped a couple pics around the area.  BTW, these are all iphone pix.  


From there I went over to the Confederate Cemetary. There is a Union soldier buried with the Confederates. 


From there I went to Charlottesville and was heading home. As I was heading north on 29 I saw a sign for Skyline.  So of course I made a left and I was off to Skyline. Was a nice ride.  Colors are starting to change snd it was great   I didn't take any pix with the phone up there.  I also did see a bear right before I got to Skyland.  I could tell it had rained and I didn't wanna chance anything so I got off Skyline and headed down into Sperryville.  Did not like goin down 211 when it was wet.  From there, I rode home. Wound up riding 528 miles between the 2 days and saw a bunch of historical places in Virginia.  

No comments:

Post a Comment