Saturday, September 20, 2014

Ride to no where in particular...

Ugh.  I had started this draft and it deleted.  So back to square one. 

Anyhow, I started off ridin west on route 7.  A turn here, a turn there, and I wound up at Belle Grove. Thankfully I had brought my National Parks Passport. There are 4 stamps around the Cedar Creek area. Met up with a guy on a Harley that was getting the stamps too, so we rode to the different stops. At one I picked up brochures for Copper Fox Distillery in Sperryville. You can buy a kit to age your own Belle Grove 1797 Whiskey.  Anyhow, back to the ride. The last stamp for us was at Hupp's Hill which doesn't have the best signage and Harley guy saw it too late to make the turn.  He doubled back and met me in the parking lot.  



After that, we went our separate ways.  I took off down 340 towards Luray and onto 211. 


I did wind up having to take a forced break on the ride when the cops closed down the road.  


And me with no marshmallows.  Anyhow, after thatI continued on 211 until I got to 11.  Then I followed that south a while until turning towards Waynesboro.  

Did notice this under the bike.  


Only in the neighborhood of 200 miles. Not sure where I'll go tomoorow until I turn towards home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment