Sunday, September 28, 2014

B-Day Ride...

Like I often do with holidays and such, I went for a ride on my b-day.  Woulda been nice to have someone ridin with me, but I'm used to doin b-days and holidays by myself.

Originally my thought was to ride all of Skyline, then stop off at Walton's Mountain before heading home.  I knew last week there were some colors up there, so figured I'd see how far along it was this week.  As usual, it took me a bit to get up this morning, so I started late.  So I took off for Front Royal to get on Skyline.  Weather was really nice the ride out.  I did know it was gonna be a bit cooler up in the mountains, and I didn't wanna wear my fleece, so I stopped off at K-Mart and picked up thermal to put under my shirt.  Was a good idea (I do have those from time to time)...  So I get up on Skyline, make my first stop to take some pics, and of course I don't have a memory card in the camera..  I did snap a pic with the phone...
Now I've been on Skyline enough to know I could pick up a memory card for the camera at Elkwallow Wayside, so rather than go back to Front Royal, I just figured I'd hold off on pics til I did the 20 miles to Wayside.  Got there, picked up a 2 gig card, and rode up to Mary's Rock Tunnel and took a few pics.
 
From there I rode on and took a few pics from time to time.



Then I stopped off at Crescent Rock Overlook for a bit.  Always a great place to just chill and relax.






 Panorama on the cliff....


From there I rode to Big Meadow where I turned around and headed home.


I didn't wanna ride all the way back to Front Royal, so I dropped down 211 and rode into Sperryville. All total I rode about 210 miles.  Not a bad day of riding.  Like I said, woulda been nice to share it with someone, but such is life.  I enjoyed myself and look forward to the next ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment