Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 2 of BRP

Left Boone this morning to complete the remainder of the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Wasn't as cold of a start today, but I did wear the new cold wear stuff
(or I joined SWAT)

The section of the Parkway was a lot of fun, though would be even more fun in like July when it's warmer.  Anyhow, lotta twisties and amazing views.  Went on Lynn Cove Viaduct. 

And Linville Falls, though we didn't hike to the falls as we didn't have time (that's the story and I'm sticking to it). 

We did stop at Craggy Gardens for the views, and cuz we were freezing.  Was a nice stop.  

Almost missed the sign for the highest point on the Parkway but I caught a glimpse of the sign and stopped and grabbed a few pics.  



From there it was lots of twisties and lots of tunnels (I counted like 23 I think) til we got to Cherokee, completing the Blue Ridge Parkway.  

We stopped for food, then went into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park headin to my pop's house at the lake.  We stopped at one spot to see where the tornado came down that took out a section of the road. 

From there it was a lot more twisties and traffic as all the sightseers were out.  Beautiful views, but a gazillion cars.  

But we got here and had fun.  

345 miles today.
863 miles ridden on this trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment